- After School Programs
- Business Services
- Child Nutrition Services
- Human Resources
- Community Partnerships
- Certificated Personnel
- Classified Personnel
- Risk Management
- New Hire
- Verfication of Employment
- Additional Links
- Instructional Services
- Assessment and Testing Information
- Beginning Teacher Induction Program (BTSA)
- Categorical Programs
- Common Core State Standards
- Standards & Curriculum
- District Homework Policy
- English Language Learners
- General Complaint Form
- Professional Development
- School Accountability Report Cards
- Textbooks and Instructional Materials
- Spanish Language Immersion Program
- Maintenance, Operations & Facilities
- Preschool (General Education)
- Preschool (Special Education)
- Special Education
- Student Services
Collective Bargaining 101
This article describes what collective bargaining is and how it works.
Labor Relations UpdateThis page is designed to provide our staff and community with information, resources and progress reports relevant to the current contract negotiations that are taking place between the Del Mar Union School District (DMUSD) and the Del Mar California Teachers Association (DMCTA). Please check back often for updates as this process moves forward.
|Negotiations Session #1||10/18/2019|
|Negotiations Session #2||12/11/2019|
|Negotiations Session #3||1/18/2019|
|Negotiations Session #4||2/26/2019|
|Negotiations Session #5||3/28/2019|
|Negotiations Session #6||4/26/2019|
|Negotiations Session #7||5/28/2019|
|Negotiations Session #8||6/3/2019 Tentative Agreement Reached|
Tentative Agreement reached June 3, 2019
With regard to salary/benefits:
- 4% increase (retroactive to July 2018) on schedule
- 2% increase on schedule for 2019-20 school year
- 1% salary increase for Range 5, Starting at Step 14, effective 7/1/2019
- Increase the extra duty pay from $35 to $40, effective 7/1/2019
- Eliminate “per diem” rates of pay for extra duty, and replace with $65 per hour for instructional or specialized service pay
- Initial salary placement for SLPs will start at Step 10
- Provide CSHA conference reimbursement, up to $500 per year, to SLPs
- Provide an additional $5,000 annual stipend to School Psychologists, in exchange for 5 extra days per year. This would be optional for existing School Psychologists.
- Increase the benefits cap by $500, effective 7/1/2019
With regard to contract language:
- New language that limits the bargaining teams to six members per side. Previously, the contract had no limits.
- Eliminated a 10 day rule for attaching statements to write ups in Personnel files.
- Clean up language changing reference limitations to derogatory evidence in Personnel files from three years to four years, to match Ed Code.
- New language that requires new certificated employees work an additional two days per year, at their per diem rate, in order to attend orientation at the beginning of the year.
- New language that provides employees with five bereavement days in the event of the death of a unit members spouse or child.
- New language that clarifies open enrollment periods for the Catastrophic Leave Bank.
- Clean up language that limits shared contract benefit sharing to full package splits only.
- New language that designates two CLWs per year be scheduled for collaboration around report cards or student progress as determined by site administrators.
- New language that provides the District will make a good faith effort to place combination teachers in one of the two grade levels in the combo class when enrollment no longer necessitates a combo class.
- Clean up language on the salary schedule to eliminate references to out of date practices.
|Negotiations Session #1||January 10, 2017|
|Negotiations Session #2||March 2, 2017|
|Negotiations Session #3||March 21, 2017|
|Negotiations Session #4||April 18, 2017|
|Negotiations Session #5||May 2, 2017|
|Negotiations Session #6||May 9, 2017|
Representatives of the Del Mar California Teachers Association (DMCTA) and the Del Mar Union School District (DMUSD) reached a tentative collective bargaining agreement during Interest-Based Bargaining (IBB) on May 9, 2017. 97% of DMCTA membership approved to ratify the agreement on May 23, 2017. The agreement is within the DMUSD-DMCTA Contract in the link above.
|Negotiations Session #1||2/6/2018|
|Negotiations Session #2||3/8/2018|
|Negotiations Session #3||4/26/2018|
|Negotiations Session #4||5/31/2018|
|Negotiations Session #5||10/18/2018 Tentative Agreement Reached|
|Agreement Ratified by Union||11/13/2018 Approved 100%|
|Agreement Board Approved||11/14/2018|
Tentative Agreement reached October 18, 2018 (regarding salary)
The Del Mar Union School District (“DMUSD”) and Del Mar California Teachers Association (“DMCTA”) met in and collectively bargained through the Interest Based Bargaining process and have mutually agreed to the following salary changes:
- Increase of the schedule by 1.5% effective July 1, 2017.
- Increase of the schedule by 1.25% effective July 1, 2018.
- An off-schedule 1% payment for the 2017-18 school year.
- Improvement of the Regular Certificated Salary Schedule by increasing the schedule by:
- $400 per year, for Range 5, Steps 16, 20, and 24 effective July 1, 2018.
- $800 per year, for Range 5, Steps 17, 21, and 25 effective July 1, 2018.
- $1,200 per year, for Range 5, Steps 18, 22, and 26 effective July 1, 2018.
- $1,000 per year, for Range 5, Step 28+ effective July 1, 2018.
Negotiations Session #1
|October 29, 2015|
|Negotiations Session #2||January 21, 2016|
|Negotiations Session #3||February 25, 2016|
|Negotiations Session #4||March 29, 2016|
|Negotiations Session #5||April 19, 2016|
|Negotiations Session #6||May 17, 2016|
|Negotiations Session #7||June 20, 2016||Tentative Agreement Reached|
|Agreement Ratified by Union||September 9, 2016||Approved 99.4%|
|Agreement Board Approved||September 28, 2016|
Tentative Agreement reached March 29, 2016 (regarding salary)
The Del Mar Union School District (“DMUSD”) and Del Mar California Teachers Association (“DMCTA”) met in and collectively bargained through the Interest Based Bargaining process and have mutually agreed to salary changes.
- Increase on schedule of 3.0%, effective July 1, 2015.
- Increase on schedule of 2.0%, effective July 1, 2016.
- One-time bonus (based on FTE), effective June 2016:
- Hired prior to December 31, 2015: $500.00.
- Hired after December 31, 2015: $250.00.