- After School Programs
- Business Services
- Child Nutrition Services
- Human Resources
- Community Partnerships
- Certificated Personnel
- Classified Personnel
- Risk Management
- New Hire
- Verfication of Employment
- Additional Links
- Instructional Services
- Assessment and Testing Information
- Beginning Teacher Induction Program (BTSA)
- Categorical Programs
- Common Core State Standards
- Standards & Curriculum
- District Homework Policy
- English Language Learners
- General Complaint Form
- Professional Development
- School Accountability Report Cards
- Textbooks and Instructional Materials
- Spanish Language Immersion Program
- Maintenance, Operations & Facilities
- Preschool (General Education)
- Student Services
- Back to School Packet 2021-2022
- Health Forms
- Health Services
- Home & Hospital Instruction
- Homeless Students
- Records Requests
- Section 504
- Special Education
- Student Wellness
- Uniform Complaints
Labor Relations Update
Labor Relations Update
This page is designed to provide our staff and community with information, resources and progress reports relevant to the current contract negotiations that are taking place between the Del Mar Union School District (DMUSD) and the Del Mar California Teachers Association (DMCTA). Please check back often for updates as this process moves forward.
Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs)
- 2021-2022 Spanish Language Immersion
- 2021-2022 Independent Study
- 2021-2022 Class Sizes
- Modification and Addition of Contract Lanaguage to Address Inclusion of Occupational Therapists in Bargaining Unit
- 2020-2021 Instructional Practices During the COVID-19 Pandemic
|Negotiations Session #1||12/14/21|
|Negotiations Session #2||2/4/2022|
|Negotiations Session #3||2/17/2022|
|Negotiations Session #4||3/1/2022|
|Negotiations Session #5||4/14/2022|
|Negotiations Session #6||4/28/2022|
|Negotiations Session #7|
|Negotiations Session #8|
Negotiations Session #1: 3/2/2021
Negotations Session # 2 : 4/12/21
Agreement: 4% off-schedule, retroactive to July 1, 2020
Negotiations Session #1: 12/11/2018
Negotiations Session #2: 1/18/2019
Negotiations Session #3: 2/26/2019
Negotiations Session #4: 5/28/2019
Negotiations Session #5: 6/3/2019 Tentative Agreement Reached
With regard to salary/benefits:
- 4% increase (retroactive to July 2018) on schedule (will be paid as a lump sum on certificated employees August paychecks)
- 2% increase on schedule for 2019-20 school year
- This two-year deal, came with the condition that negotiations will be closed until September 2020 (closed for the 2019-20 school year)
- 1% salary increase for Range 5, Starting at Step 14, effective 7/1/2019
- Increase the extra duty pay from $35 to $40, effective 7/1/2019
- Eliminate “per diem” rates of pay for extra duty and replace with $65 per hour for instructional or specialized service pay (will assist in budgeting for programs like ESY). This will save the District money, since we currently pay per diem for these programs.
- In order to assist in the District’s difficulty in recruiting SLPs, initial salary placement for SLPs will start at Step 10
- $5,000 annual stipend to School Psychologists, in exchange for 5 extra days per year. This would be optional for existing School Psychologists.
- Increase the benefit cap by $500, effective 7/1/2019
|Negotiations Session #1||2/6/2018|
|Negotiations Session #2||3/8/2018|
|Negotiations Session #3||4/26/2018|
|Negotiations Session #4||5/31/2018|
|Negotiations Session #5||10/18/2018 Tentative Agreement Reached|
|Agreement Ratified by Union||11/13/2018 Approved 100%|
|Agreement Board Approved||11/14/2018|
Tentative Agreement reached October 18, 2018 (regarding salary)
The Del Mar Union School District (“DMUSD”) and Del Mar California Teachers Association (“DMCTA”) met in and collectively bargained through the Interest Based Bargaining process and have mutually agreed to the following salary changes:
- Increase of the schedule by 1.5% effective July 1, 2017.
- Increase of the schedule by 1.25% effective July 1, 2018.
- An off-schedule 1% payment for the 2017-18 school year.
- Improvement of the Regular Certificated Salary Schedule by increasing the schedule by:
- $400 per year, for Range 5, Steps 16, 20, and 24 effective July 1, 2018.
- $800 per year, for Range 5, Steps 17, 21, and 25 effective July 1, 2018.
- $1,200 per year, for Range 5, Steps 18, 22, and 26 effective July 1, 2018.
- $1,000 per year, for Range 5, Step 28+ effective July 1, 2018.
|Negotiations Session #1||January 10, 2017|
|Negotiations Session #2||March 2, 2017|
|Negotiations Session #3||March 21, 2017|
|Negotiations Session #4||April 18, 2017|
|Negotiations Session #5||May 2, 2017|
|Negotiations Session #6||May 9, 2017|
Representatives of the Del Mar California Teachers Association (DMCTA) and the Del Mar Union School District (DMUSD) reached a tentative collective bargaining agreement during Interest-Based Bargaining (IBB) on May 9, 2017. 97% of DMCTA membership approved to ratify the agreement on May 23, 2017.
With regard to salary/benefits:
- 1% on schedule salary increase, retroactive to July 1, 2016
- 1.5% on schedule salary increase, effective July 1, 2017
- Increase benefit cap $500 (increase to $10,000 annually)
Negotiations Session #1
|October 29, 2015|
|Negotiations Session #2||January 21, 2016|
|Negotiations Session #3||February 25, 2016|
|Negotiations Session #4||March 29, 2016|
|Negotiations Session #5||April 19, 2016|
|Negotiations Session #6||May 17, 2016|
|Negotiations Session #7||June 20, 2016||Tentative Agreement Reached|
|Agreement Ratified by Union||September 9, 2016||Approved 99.4%|
|Agreement Board Approved||September 28, 2016|
Tentative Agreement reached March 29, 2016 (regarding salary)
The Del Mar Union School District (“DMUSD”) and Del Mar California Teachers Association (“DMCTA”) met in and collectively bargained through the Interest Based Bargaining process and have mutually agreed to salary changes.
- Increase on schedule of 3.0%, effective July 1, 2015.
- Increase on schedule of 2.0%, effective July 1, 2016.
- One-time bonus (based on FTE), effective June 2016:
- Hired prior to December 31, 2015: $500.00.
- Hired after December 31, 2015: $250.00.