Getting to Know the Basics of Google Apps for Education- Part II
Google Apps for Education includes a suite of products for use in schools. Those apps include:
Using Google Apps Part II
Expand on the basics of Google Apps for Education- Docs (Drive), Sites, Calendar
Be able to use templates and add templates to the gallery.Create a form (parent survey, reading response) and grade a quiz
National Education Technology Standards for Teachers (NETS-T)
1. Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
2. Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
3. Model Digital Age Work and Learning
4. Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
5. Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
Google Apps for Education
Suite of Applications- Docs (Drive), Sites, Calendar.
Can include other Google Apps like Maps, Email, YouTube, etc.
Cloud-based, accessible from any computer with Internet access.
Collaborative, sharable, basic, protected.
The Basics- Google Apps for Education
1. Login to delmarschools.org domain.
You can go to Google.com and click "Sign in" in the top right corner. Or you can go to http://docs.google.com/a/delmarschools.org/
2. Look at the interface and tabs.
3. Here are some ideas.
What kinds of things can you do with Google Docs?
- Create a document
- Share a document
- Add comments to a document
- Organize documents and collections
- Check out the templates!
- Create a spreadsheet, form, drawing or presentation
What kinds of things can you do with Google Sites?
- Create a class website
- Have students create a digital portfolio of their work
- Have students collaborate on a research project
- Check out the Beginner's Guide for Sites
What kinds of things can you do with Google Calendar?
Keep track of student activities
Keep track of student assignments
Keep track of parent volunteers
Keep track of tasks
Check out the support for Calendar.
Using the Apps in your classroom
Creating a form
Grading a form using Flubaroo
Using the templates
Using Flubaroo to grade a quiz
Watch this YouTube video
Create your quiz as a new form
Let the kids take the quiz
In the Spreadsheet, click on Insert > Script
Search for Flubaroo, then click Install. Select "Authorize" to allow the script to run with your account.
A new menu titled "Flubaroo" will appear. Click on it, then Grade Quiz.