Meet Ms. Solis
Why Am I Teaching?
I love being a teacher! I enjoy participating in the social, academic, physical and emotional growth of others. I wish to leave lasting impressions on my students regarding the tremendous impact of setting high goals, working hard toward achievement, and helping others along the way. Through the use of effective management techniques and up to date teaching strategies, I strive to help each child to achieve at his or her fullest potential. I believe that every child is a capable individual who deserves the best education available. It is therefore my goal as an educator to consistently learn and grow so as to continually increase my effectiveness in the classroom. In addition to high quality teaching methods, I place great importance in building and strengthening strong, caring, and supportive relationships with my students. I take the time to get to know them. I assist them in discovering their strengths on which to build more knowledge, a stronger self-esteem, and the willingness to take risks and make mistakes. I strive to instill and reinforce the joys of inquisition and the excitement of discovery. I believe that my strong desire to take part in the growth of children, coupled with the skills I have obtained and refined during my career allow me to have a powerful, positive impact on the lives of my students and their families.
- Teaching in Elementary Schools since 1983
- Taught Grades K, 1, 2, 3, and 5
- Several years as a Mentor / BTSA Teacher
- Numerous Professional/Curriculum /Committee Memberships
- B.A. Liberal Studies with a Speech Pathology and Audiology Minor
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- ELD / SDAIE SB1969 Certificate
- I have 3 kids (Christina, Jessica, and Ray), a cat (Kimba), and a turtle (Gus).
- I have lived in the Bay Area, Sacramento, the Central Valley, and San Diego.
- I especially enjoy spending time with my family, being outdoors, camping, hiking, riding roller coasters, reading, dancing, and learning new things.
- In the past, I have been a race car driver, a cheerleader, a hula and tahitian dancer, and a member of an outrigger canoe race team.
- My first name is Teresa.
- I was born on March 16.