Student Wellness Policy
The Del Mar Union School District has a Student Wellness Policy in place (Board Policy and Administrative Regulation 5030: Student Wellness).
Please help us develop healthy learners by supporting these district policies.
- Students will be seated for a minimum of 15 minutes to eat lunch.
- Students will be asked not to share food/beverages.
- All food made available by the district will follow all nutritional guidelines outlined in Board Policy 3550.
- School fundraising activities either will not involve food or will use only foods that meet the nutrition and portion size outlined in Board Policy 3550.
- Snacks served during the school day or in after school care or enrichment will emphasize fruits, vegetables and water.
- Rewards for academic performance and good behavior will discourage the use of foods or beverages.
- Celebrations that involve food (including student birthdays) during the school day are limited to no more than one per class per month. Each occasion may include no more than one food or beverage that does not meet nutrition standards.
- Food served as part of instructional activities (science, cooking class, math activities) will offer healthy choices.
- All students will receive 200 minutes of vigorous physical activity every two weeks.
Thank you so much for recognizing the importance of all of us working together to provide healthy nutrition and physical activity for our students.
Flu Shot Information and Resources
Influenza vaccine clinic information is listed here as it becomes available. To find additional locations where the flu vaccine is available, please visit VaccineFinder or call 2-1-1.