Students are expected to:
- Be kind, courteous, and respectful to students and adults.
- Follow directions the first time.
- Use appropriate language.
- Keep hands and feet to yourself.
- Bring only items needed for school, to school.
School Dress Code
We believe that appropriate dress and grooming contribute to a productive learning environment. Clothes worn to school should be appropriate for elementary school activities. Students wearing inappropriate clothing will be asked to have alternate clothing brought from home, and will sit in the office until appropriately dressed.
The following items of clothing/ accessories are considered inappropriate and/or disruptive to the educational process, and are therefore not allowed:
- Clothing that is frayed, torn or has holes.
- Clothing advertising alcohol or containing disrespectful words, signs, or symbols. Midriff tops, halter tops, tube tops or any attire which exposes the midriff when arms are lifted.
- Pants must be secure at the waist and not hanging below the waist.
- Undergarments may not be visible.
- Shorts, skirts, skorts and dresses must not be shorter than mid thigh.
- Make-up, false nails, colored hair gel or spray.
In order to participate in sports and recess activities, footwear that provides adequate protection is to be worn at all times. Tennis shoes or sneakers are recommended. Sandals must have heel straps. Flip-flops or shoes with wheels are not acceptable. The wearing of hats is encouraged for sun protection, but hats may not be worn inside or during class. Baseball hats must be worn forward.