Welcome to the Del Mar Union School District's
Preschool Speech and Language ProgramNew ReferralsThe Del Mar Union School District's Preschool Speech and Language Program provides a continuum of services for those preschoolers aged 3-5 years who (a) reside in the Del Mar Union School District boundaries and (b) meet the California state eligibility criteria under the disability category of speech/language impaired.If your child is 2 years, 9 months of age or older and you have concerns regarding their speech/language development, you may request an educationally-based academic or speech language evaluation.
Evaluation Request Procedure
- Download and fill out Preschool Registration Packet using your computer
- Print and submit Registration Packet to:
Audrey Shepard, Program Assistant, Student Services
Del Mar Union School District
11232 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
- Please include the following with the Registration Packet:
- Two different proofs of residency showing you live within our district boundaries (can be a lease, property tax statement, government correspondence, utility bill(s) or SDG&E Letter of Residence)
- Your child’s birth certificate or passport
- Your child’s immunization records
Once the District has received and reviewed the above items, a District Special Education staff member will contact you within 15 days to go over the procedure, develop a plan, schedule an appointment, and answer any questions you may have regarding the evaluation process.At your appointment the need for an Evaluation Plan will be discussed. If an Evaluation Plan is drafted, agreed upon and signed, then there is a 60-day timeline to evaluate your child and meet with you to discuss the results of the assessment and to develop a plan. This plan is called an Individualized Education Plan (IEP). If speech and language therapy services are recommended, the services can begin immediately so long as your child has turned 3 years of age.
If you have any questions about referrals, please contact Student Services at 858-755-9301, ext 3688.Already have an IEP?If your child has an existing IEP, please register with the District Office as described above.