• Contractor Information

    This page is for current and prospective contractors who are planning to perform public works for Del Mar Union School District. Here you will find information pertaining requirements needed to perform public works for the District.

    Contractor's State License Board (CSLB) - Any contractor performing work of $500 or more (combined labor and material costs) must be licensed by CSLB to work in California.


    Senate Bill 854

    Senate Bill 854, signed into law June 20, 2014, became effectively immediately.  It established a new public works contractor registration program which will collect fees to fund compliance monitoring and enforcement, determine prevailing wage and public works coverage, and hear enforcement appeals.

    All contractors and subcontractors intending to bid or perform work on public works projects will be required to register, and annually renew, online for the program.  The cost to register for the program is currently $300.00 and is non-refundable.  This is a DIR fee paid to the State.  The District will not register a contractor, nor collect funds.

    Public works refers to construction, alteration, demolition, installation, or repair work (including maintenance) done under contract and paid by public funds.  For a more detailed explanation of public works projects, refer to California Labor Code 1720 -1720.6. 

    If you intend to bid or provide services on District projects in the future, please ensure you are registered with the DIR prior to March 1, 2015.  Effective immediately, the District will be required to fill out a form alerting the DIR of the services you are providing the District.  Detailed information is required to complete this form.  You may be asked to provide information needed to complete the DIR form. You will be asked to complete this in a timely manner to avoid interruption in the services you are providing.

    More information can be found at The Department of Industrial Relations website; http://www.dir.ca.gov/Public-Works/PublicWorks.html
    Small Project Exemption
    Contractors who work exclusively on small public works projects are not required to register as a public works contractor or file electronic certified payroll reports for those projects. Contractors are still required to maintain certified payroll records on a continuous basis, and provide them to the Labor Commissioner’s Office upon request. Additionally, awarding agencies are not required to submit the notice of contract award through DIR’s PWC-100 system on projects that fall within the small project exemption. The small project exemption applies for all public works projects that do not exceed:
    • $25,000 for new construction, alteration, installation, demolition or repair 
    • $15,000 for maintenance


    Public Works Contractor Links with DIR for State of California 


  • Public Works Contractor Registration & Prequalification

    To be added to our contractor database please submit a contractor registration through PQBids at the link below. This is for contractors interested in public works and maintenance projects.

    Contractor Registration and Prequalification