New Student Enrollment Information
Welcome to the Del Mar Union School District!
Learn more about registration processes and procedures HERE. Registration for the 2021-2022 school year will begin on April 12, 2021.
View and download required forms HERE.
You can navigate the enrollment site using the topic listing to the left or the links below. Other topics on this site include:
- School Site Information Videos
- Registration Timeline for 2021-2022 School Year
- Immunization Requirements for Admission
- Health Requirements for Admission
- Kindergarten Schedules and Admission Requirements
- Spanish Language Immersion Program
- School Boundaries and Option Areas
- Intradistrict Transfers
- Interdistrict Transfers
- Student Withdrawal
Del Mar Heights School Rebuild
- Del Mar Heights School is currently closed for renovations.
- Kindergarten-3rd Grade Students are currently housed on the Del Mar Hills Academy campus.
- 4th Grade - 6th Grade students are currently housed on the Ocean Air School campus.
- Del Mar Heights students will be assigned classes within their school cohort to maintain continuity of the student population during this temporary displacement.
At certain times of the year, DMUSD schools may be at or near capacity. When that occurs, new students are assigned to another DMUSD school where space is available. For current information on a school's enrollment capacity, contact Student Services at email@example.com. Every effort is made to place students at the school in their attendance area; however, due to the growth within the District in the last several years and the District's commitment to maintain balanced, low class sizes at all school sites, it has been necessary to establish district-wide school placement procedures. The placement of each student will be handled according to established Board approved priority designations and Board Policy/Administrative Regulations 5111, 5116, 5116.1. Students are placed at a school on a space available basis. It may not be possible to honor every request regarding school preference.
If any District employee reasonably believes the parent/guardian of a student has provided false or unreliable evidence of residency, the District shall make reasonable efforts to determine if the student meets residency requirements. Reasonable efforts include, but are not limited to home visits and investigation by a private detective. Falsification of any information or documents, either written or verbal will result in revocation of enrollment.
DMUSD Child Nutrition Program
DMUSD offers excellent lunch service for students through Choicelunch. If you would like to participate, please create an account at www.dmusd.org/lunch and follow the link to the Choicelunch ordering webpage. Each meal includes a pre-ordered entrée, student's choice of seasonal fruits and vegetables, a healthy snack, and choice of beverage.
After School Care
If you're interested in after school care, please visit the After School Program website. View this flyer for rates and registration information. Registration for after school care is available online.