New Hire Orientation
Congratulations on your new position in our district! Please take a moment to read all steps below prior to getting started. Note: Steps 3-8 do not have to be completed in that particular order, however, all steps must be completed PRIOR to attending your orientation.
The Human Resources Department is happy to have you on our team and we look forward to meeting you soon!
(PDF files are best viewed in Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 or higher. TalentEd does NOT support attachments in Word format (.doc or .docx). If you do not have the resources to scan your documents you may want to consider an outside scanning source (i.e. Kinko's, Office Depot, etc). You may wish to visit our District Office located at 11232 El Camino Real, San Diego, CA 92130. We have a public computer station available to the public where you can complete your online hiring documentation. The computer station is available weekdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please call (858) 755-9301 to schedule an appointment to use the computer station.
Please take the following steps PRIOR TO your orientation:Step 1: Accept employment offer & schedule future orientation.Once you accept your employment offer and schedule an orientation with DMUSD, you will be emailed important information regarding the next steps of your onboarding process. This email will come from "TalentEd."Step 2: Sign in to Talented.In order to proceed with your employment paperwork, you will need to sign in to TalentEd Records. Within TalentEd, you will receive a task list of items to complete.
- Click Link Below to Login to Talent Ed & Follow Login Instructions Below:
TALENTED LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS:
Step 3: Complete New Hire Process online through your TalentEd Task List.All new hire documentation must be completed and uploaded through TalentEd. Once you login to TalentEd, you will see a home screen that shows you a task list. Complete each task prior to attending your orientation. Please note, you will receive many emails from TalentEd as you go through the online paperwork process. (For example, you will receive a new email each time you electronically sign a form.) In addition, some tasks require you upload documents. These must be in PDF format. If you have any questions, please contact HR.
- Your TalentEd Username will be the personal email address you provided to HR in your EDJOIN application. (Once you begin your assignment, your new Username will be your assigned district email and this information will be sent to you at your new work site.) Click on the Forgot Your Password link on the bottom of the page and enter your TalentEd Username.
- TalentEd will send you a "Reset Password" email. Follow their instructions to create a new password for your TalentEd Records account.
- Sign in with your new password.
Step 4: Schedule & Attend Fingerprinting Appointment.The Del Mar Union School District offers TWO locations to obtain livescan fingerprinting services and all new hires must visit one of these two locations (no exceptions). Please click on the link below that corresponds to your classification (Classified OR Certificated) for this information and the forms that must be taken with you to your appointment. The fingerprinting office information is on page 1 of the packets. If you are unsure what your classification is, please contact Human Resources at (858) 755-9301 ext. 3692. *Please note, DMUSD pays for the cost of fingerprinting. (If you are hired in the After School Programs/Early Childhood Department, you must bring cash or check, made out to 'DMUSD', with you to the orientation for the cost of fingerprinting ($69.00) and this will be reimbursed to you after you have been employed for 30 days.)
- IMPORTANT NOTE!!: Complete all online forms with your name EXACTLY as it appears on your Social Security Card. If you complete paperwork with a different name, you may be asked to complete new online forms.
Early Childhood Development Center new-hires, please print and take the Community Care Licensing (CCL) Live Scan form in addition to your Classified fingerprinting packet. Please enter the Facility ID in Section 6 of the CCL based on the corresponding school site you are assigned to below.SCHOOL SITE - FACILITY IDAshley Falls ECDC - 376700913Sycamore Ridge ECDC - 376701160Torrey Hills ECDC - 376700709Step 5: Schedule & Attend Pre-Placement Physical Appointment.The Del Mar Union School District offers ONE location for pre-placement physical screenings and all new hires must visit this office (no exceptions). Pre-placement Physical Exams are divided into two categories, Group I and II. The type of position determine which category of exam will be given. Please click on the group link below that corresponds to your job description. If you are unsure of which group you need, please contact HR. This packet of information must be printed and taken with you to your appointment.Step 6: Obtain a Tuberculosis (TB) Screening.Prior to employment, new employees must have a current test showing freedom from active TB on file with Human Resources. DMUSD does not pay for the cost of TB screening. TB Tests are valid for four years. If you would like, you may obtain a TB Test at your physical appointment. Other location options may be found below.Be sure to scan/upload your TB Test Results to your computer, as you will need to upload this document to your TalentEd checklist.Step 7: Complete Mandated Online Training(s).A link to this training will be emailed to you, along with instructions on how to navigate the training.Once you complete this training, you will be able to print a Certificate of Completion. Please print this certificate as a PDF document, or scan/upload to your Completion Certificate to your computer, as you will need to upload this document to your TalentEd checklist. See link below for detailed instructions.Step 8: Read WC Materials and sign WC Notice Form.Please read and review the WC packet below that notifies you of your Workers' Compensation benefits. Please note, the "Predesignation of Personal Physician" form within this packet is OPTIONAL and must be completed by your personal medical doctor (M.D.), doctor of osteopathic medicine (D.O.) or medical group if you wish to have them treat you for work-related injury or illness.Please print & sign the signature page below once you review the WC information. Be sure to scan/upload your WC Signature Page to your computer, as you will need to upload this document to your TalentEd checklist.Step 9: Read Bloodborne Pathogen Materials and sign Bloodborne Pathogen Form.Please read and review the Bloodborne Pathogen packet below.Step 10: Read Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Notice.Please print & sign the signature page below once you review the Bloodborne information. The Date of Training will be the day you sign the form. Be sure to scan/upload your Bloodborne Signature Page to your computer, as you will need to upload this document to your TalentEd checklist.Please see the Employee Notice of Coverage Options below. This Notice contains important information regarding health insurance marketplaces, premium subsidies that may be available to you, and details regarding your health insurance plan. Please read this Notice carefully. You may receive a paper copy upon request without charge. If so, please inform Human Resources at your orientation.Step 11: Read Healthy Workplaces/Healthy Families Act of 2014Step 12: Attend orientation. Be sure to bring the following to your orientation:Please see the link below. You may receive a paper copy upon request without charge. If so, please inform Human Resources at your orientation.
- CLASSIFIED Fingerprinting Packet (After School Programs, Special Education Aides, Early Childhood, Office Staff, Maintenance, etc)
- CERTIFICATED Fingerprinting Packet (Teachers, Psychologists, Program Specialists, Principals, Certificated Management, etc)
- COMMUNITY CARE LICENSING Fingerprinting Packet - For Early Childhood Development Center New-Hires ONLY (EC Instructional Assistant, EC Associate Teacher, EC Preschool Teacher, EC Site Team Supervisor)
- Proof of Fingerprinting Appointment (Documentation from Fingerprinting Office or Scheduled Date)
- Cash or Check ($69.00) for Fingerprinting Cost, If Applicable (See Step 4)
- Proof of Physical Appointment (Documentation from Physical Office or Scheduled Date)
- Drivers License (Original, NO Copies Accepted)
- Social Security Card (Original, NO Copies Accepted)
- PLEASE NOTE: You will also be taking a photograph for your employee badge at your orientation. Please be sure to wear any color EXCEPT blue for this photo.
- Click Link Below to Login to Talent Ed & Follow Login Instructions Below: