Categorical Programs (Federal and State)
The Instructional Services Department is responsible for distribution and management of categorically funded state and federal programs
Links to Categorical Programs:
Limited English Proficient Program (EIA LEP & SCE)
This program supports compensatory educational services for educationally disadvantaged students and bilingual education services for English language learners.
Title II, Part A: High Quality Teachers
This federal program increases student academic achievement through strategies such as improving teacher and principal quality.
Title III Immigrant
Title III - Immigrant Education Program funds are to be specifically targeted to eligible immigrant students and their families through the provision of supplementary programs and services for the underlying purpose of assuring that these students meet the same challenging grade level as mainstream students. Districts may choose from activities authorized by Title III.
- Family literacy, parent training, and community outreach
- Educational personnel, including teacher aides
- Tutorials, mentoring, and counseling
- Identification and acquisition of educational materials and technology
- Basic instructional services
- Other instructional services designed to assist immigrant students to achieve in elementary and secondary schools in the United States
- Activities coordinated with community-based organizations (CBOs), institutions of higher education (HEs), or private sector entities that have expertise in working with immigrant students and their families
Title III LEP
The purpose of the Title III - LEP Student Program is to ensure that all limited-English proficient (LEP) students, referred to as English learners in California, attain English proficiency, develop high levels of academic attainment in English, and meet the same challenging state academic standards as all other students.