PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT STANDARDS
- There are three playstacks on the campus and they are assigned by grade level. I will use the appropriate playstack.
- The supervising adult to maintain safety may limit the number of students on the playstack.
- I will walk on or in the playstack area. Running can be dangerous and cause injury to yourself or others.
- I will use the playstack appropriately.
*Climbing on top of the playstack or monkey bars, or jumping off the playstack or slide can result in serious injuries.
*Slide down the slide one at a time, feet first in a seated position, and make sure that the bottom of the slide area is clear.
*Only one person at a time may be on the monkey bars or rings, travelling in the designated direction. Students may not skip more than one bar or ring at a time.
- I will take turns on the bars and be respectful to those who are waiting.
- I will keep two body parts on the bar at all times to maintain my own safety.
- Two hands are required to be on the bar on any dismount.
- I understand that these bars are not designed for gymnastics practices. Some manuevers can cause serious injuries
- I will not use jackets or clothing to protect my hands because this may cause me to lose my grip.
- I will play in the designated areas without climbing on the backstops or fences.
- I will only play tag on the field in an appropriate manner, while respecting other games being played on the field.
- I understand that tackling does not follow the Sage Canyon Playground Standards. Tackling is the leading cause of injuries and disputes.
Established maximum player limits for team sports and games:
- I understand that in order to keep students safe and games enjoyable, there must be a player limit on certain team sports and games.
- The recommended maximum for team sports is about 10 players per team.
- The recommended maximum for handball and other court sports is about 10 players per game.
- I understand that the equipment is there for all students and I will be respectful and show good citizenship while using the equipment
- I am responsible for returning playground equipment at the end of the recess period.