Please remember to keep your student home when they are not feeling well to help them recuperate and prevent infecting other students and staff. You should keep your child home for, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Fever over 100* within the past 24 hours.
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the past 24 hours.
- Uncontrollable coughing. A cough preventing your child’s ability to focus.
- Productive cough with yellow or green nasal discharge.
- Severe sore throat and/or headache.
- Rash of unknown origin (should be evaluated by a physician and a doctor’s note provided to the school before returning).
- Red eyes with a crusted or purulent drainage upon awakening.
- Respiratory symptoms that are unrelieved by medications such as an inhaler.
- Live lice or evidence of live lice.
If a child becomes sick at school, you will be called and asked to immediately pick up your child and take him/her home. Your child will be with a staff member in the office until you arrive. If a physician diagnoses your child with a communicable illness please contact the school to let them know about the condition. We appreciate your cooperation in making our school a healthy and safe learning environment.