New Student Registration
Please note: Students currently in attendance in Del Mar schools are automatically registered for the upcoming school year, unless the school office is notified that the family is moving.
To be eligible for enrollment a student must currently be residing in the Del Mar Union School District. Families in the process of moving into the school district may register a student once the student's residency in the District is established.
To register for the current school year, submit documents to your school of residence (until June 12, 2020) or the district office (June 15, 2020 or later).
We begin accepting paperwork for the 2020-2021 school year on Monday, April 13.
While DMUSD schools are closed, registration paperwork should be submitted via email to your school of residence or the district office.
- Ashley Falls School: Terri Alper at email@example.com
- Carmel Del Mar School: Ann Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Del Mar Heights School: Karrie Beach at email@example.com
- Del Mar Hills Academy: Jenna Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ocean Air School: Marina Russo at email@example.com
- Sage Canyon School: Christine Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sycamore Ridge School: Lesa House at email@example.com
- Torrey Hills School: Tabitha Scarborough at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your child has an IEP, or you are unsure of your student's school of residence, registration paperwork should be submitted to the District Office to Audrey Shepard at email@example.com.
If you have questions about After School Programs, please contact Cindy Yamate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If possible, registration forms and other documentation should be submitted in PDF format. If you do not have access to a scanner, there are multiple free phone apps that transform photos into PDF documents, including:
- Adobe Scan (Download iOS App) (Download Android app)
- Abbyy Fine Scanner (Download iOS App) (Download Android app)
- Genius Scan (Download iOS App) (Download Android app)
- ScanPro (Download iOS App) (Download Android app)
- CamScanner (Download iOS App) (Download Android app)
Please submit items 1-4 to register your child. Incomplete registration packets will not be accepted. Staff will complete your student's registration once all paperwork is received.
- 1 - Registration Forms - Please download and complete these forms using your computer. You will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat to download these forms.
- 2 - Verification of age (birth certificate, passport or baptismal certificate)
- 3 - Immunization records - Your child will not be assigned a teacher until all immunizations are cleared.
- 4 - Two of the following documents are required for proof of residency
- Current Gas & Electric, Water or Cable Bill/Contract
- Current Telephone Bill/Contract (land line - not cellular)
- Lease Agreement/Rent Receipt (must be signed by both tenant and landlord, listing names of all residents)
- Grant Deed or Property Tax Statement (must accompany at least one utility bill)
- Paycheck Stub, Voter Registration or Government Correspondence
- If applicable - Caregiver Affidavit / Residency Verification Form / Shared Residence Affidavit
School Assignment: At certain times of the year, DMUSD schools may be at or near capacity. When that occurs, new students are assigned to another DMUSD school where space is available. For current information on a school's enrollment capacity, contact Student Services at email@example.com. Every effort is made to place students at the school in their attendance area; however, due to the growth within the District in the last several years and the District's commitment to maintain balanced, low class sizes at all school sites, it has been necessary to establish district-wide school placement procedures. The placement of each student will be handled according to established Board approved priority designations and Board Policy/Administrative Regulations 5111, 5116, 5116.1. Students are placed at a school on a space available basis. It may not be possible to honor every request regarding school preference.
Residency Verification: If any District employee reasonably believes the parent/guardian of a student has provided false or unreliable evidence of residency, the District shall make reasonable efforts to determine if the student meets residency requirements. Reasonable efforts include, but are not limited to home visits and investigation by a private detective. Falsification of any information or documents, either written or verbal will result in revocation of enrollment.
DMUSD Child Nutrition Program: DMUSD offers excellent lunch service for students through Choicelunch. If you would like to participate, please create an account at www.dmusd.org/lunch and follow the link to the Choicelunch ordering webpage. Each meal includes a pre-ordered entrée, student's choice of seasonal fruits and vegetables, a healthy snack, and choice of beverage.
Do you need after school care? If you're interested in after school care, please visit the After School Program website. View this flyer for rates and registration information. Registration for after school care is available online.
Do you need health care coverage? Find out more by downloading a fact sheet here.