Negotiations Session #1 10/18/2019 Negotiations Session #2 12/11/2019 Negotiations Session #3 1/18/2019 Negotiations Session #4 2/26/2019 Negotiations Session #5 3/28/2019 Negotiations Session #6 4/26/2019 Negotiations Session #7 5/28/2019 Negotiations Session #8 6/3/2019 Tentative Agreement ReachedTentative Agreement reached June 3, 2019
With regard to salary/benefits:
- 4% increase (retroactive to July 2018) on schedule
- 2% increase on schedule for 2019-20 school year
- 1% salary increase for Range 5, Starting at Step 14, effective 7/1/2019
- Increase the extra duty pay from $35 to $40, effective 7/1/2019
- Eliminate “per diem” rates of pay for extra duty, and replace with $65 per hour for instructional or specialized service pay
- Initial salary placement for SLPs will start at Step 10
- Provide CSHA conference reimbursement, up to $500 per year, to SLPs
- Provide an additional $5,000 annual stipend to School Psychologists, in exchange for 5 extra days per year. This would be optional for existing School Psychologists.
- Increase the benefits cap by $500, effective 7/1/2019
With regard to contract language:
- New language that limits the bargaining teams to six members per side. Previously, the contract had no limits.
- Eliminated a 10 day rule for attaching statements to write ups in Personnel files.
- Clean up language changing reference limitations to derogatory evidence in Personnel files from three years to four years, to match Ed Code.
- New language that requires new certificated employees work an additional two days per year, at their per diem rate, in order to attend orientation at the beginning of the year.
- New language that provides employees with five bereavement days in the event of the death of a unit members spouse or child.
- New language that clarifies open enrollment periods for the Catastrophic Leave Bank.
- Clean up language that limits shared contract benefit sharing to full package splits only.
- New language that designates two CLWs per year be scheduled for collaboration around report cards or student progress as determined by site administrators.
- New language that provides the District will make a good faith effort to place combination teachers in one of the two grade levels in the combo class when enrollment no longer necessitates a combo class.
- Clean up language on the salary schedule to eliminate references to out of date practices.