Students began working on groups of items to introduce multiplication. All students played Circle and Stars to also reinforce skip counting. They also continued to look at different strategies for subtraction. We spent the week catching up on writing, spelling and grammar. Students have also begun to write a Halloween narrative! In science, students learned about how those pesky mosquitoes can cause harm in a community and studied different ways to reduce bug bites.
Halloween is coming! Please come to our school-wide parade at 8:10. Class parties for third grade will be right after the parade around 8:45-9:00 until 9:45. Recess is at 10:00, so students may come in costume and change after our party.
Please contact your room parents regarding class parties and events! If you don’t know who that is, then ask your teacher.
Here are some reminders for the week:
- Friday, October 25: 3rd Grade Teachers Out for a Training
- Tuesday, October 29: PTA Reflections Reception at 6:00pm
- Thursday, October 31: Halloween Parade at 8:05 and class party immediately following
- November 11: NO SCHOOL for Veteran’s Day
- November 18-22: Parent/Teacher Conferences & 12:30pm Release
- All homework is given on Friday and due the following Friday.
- Students must bring their homework calendars to school daily to record their behavior.
- Make sure your child returns his/her Wednesday Folder every Thursday.
Thank you so much for all your support!