Welcome to DMUSD EnrichmentEnrichment will continue to be offered virtually this Fall with some classes starting as early as October 5th. Please visit our Virtual Enrichment portal to enroll your student today!
Below applies to our typical, on-school campus, in-person sessions:Del Mar Union School District contracts with over 30 vendors throughout San Diego County to provide a variety of after school enrichment options each day at your school site including languages, music, fine arts, media arts, sports, crafts, theater, dance, science, and MUCH MORE!Payment Policy:
• We are not able to accept cash.
• Due to credit card fees, most classes are held with a deposit, final payment collected once classes confirmed.
• Class fees are NOT pro-rated/discounted after the beginning of the scheduled session. Class fees include materials.
• Once classes are established, no refunds will be given, except for verified medical reasons.
• No partial refunds or make-ups for missed classes (i.e. routine illness, vacation, or other personal schedule conflict).
Confirmation of Classes:
• Classes are considered confirmed (established) when they meet their required minimum enrollment to run.
• Classes are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met one (1) month prior to the beginning of a session.
• In the event a class is canceled due to insufficient enrollment, you will be notified and refunded.
• Vendors may offer financial aid to families who would not otherwise be able to participate in our program. Scholarships, full or partial, are at the discretion of the vendor on a first-come, first-serve basis.
• To apply, please contact the vendor directly.
• To ensure program quality for all participants, class sizes are limited to 12-15 students per instructor. Certain classes may have smaller ratios, which will be noted in the class description. We strictly adhere to class size limits, and classes do fill. Please register early for your first choices.
• For safety and liability reasons, parents, non-enrolled students, or other visitors are not permitted to attend classes. Please do not send your child to a class if registration has not been confirmed. Observation of a class that your child is registered in must be approved at least one week prior by the After School Programs Manager.
• Students must be within the grade range designated for each class in order to enroll, although out-of-grade-range students may possibly be accommodated after in-grade-range students have been accommodated, with vendor approval.
• With classes being offered to a range of three grade levels, there is the possibility that a student may not have other children their age in the class. Please keep this in mind when registering, as this is not a valid reason for refund.Important Enrichment ProceduresAll Enrichment Classes are currently virtual.• Classes are held on your child’s school campus. For student safety, all classes meet on the blacktop, at most schools closest to the After School Program Rooms, for attendance to be taken prior to being escorted to their class location.Please have your student(s) meet their Enrichment Instructor in the designated area at each school site. Students will line up by class for attendance and then be escorted to their enrichment classroom. ASP students should still check into the ASP before heading to the designated area.
The designated areas are as follows:
- Ashley Falls- on the black top next to the 600 (two-story) building closest to the Kindergarten playground and ASP rooms
- Carmel Del Mar- at the outdoor amphitheater
- Del Mar Heights- on the lower playground next to the ASP rooms
- Del Mar Hills- NEW THIS YEAR: at the outdoor lunch tables by the PAC
- Ocean Air- on the blacktop north of the ASP building and above the Kindergarten lunch area.
- Sage Canyon- NEW THIS YEAR: at the white tables by the Kinder classrooms across from the kinder playground.
- Sycamore Ridge- on the blacktop behind the ASP buildings (where the kindergarten tricycle track is painted on the ground.)
- Torrey Hills- NEW THIS YEAR: By the ball walls closest to P-8
After the Enrichment classes, After School Program students will be checked back into ASP by the instructors. Then,if being picked up, your child will be brought out to the front of the school by the instructor. If your child will be absent from their Enrichment class, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Class Dismissal/Late Pick-up Policy:
• Enrichment instructors will escort students to the front of the school for pick up at the end of class.
• Any parent who is more than 10 minutes late in picking up their child will be charged at the rate of $2.00 per minute, payable at the time of pick-up to the enrichment vendor (if still with instructor at time of pick up) or DMUSD (if taken to the After School Programs child care). The student will not be permitted to return to the Enrichment program until the late fee is paid.
• Any student who has not been picked up within 10 minutes of the class dismissal time will be signed into the After School Programs child care and all applicable fees will be applied.
Provisions and Conditions of Enrollment:• Families enrolling in the Enrichment program must be in good standing with the DMUSD After School Programs overall in order for the registration to be processed.• For the safety of the children…If a child is unfamiliar with the campus, parents must accompany their child or make arrangements to have someone direct their child to the proper class location. Other than Kinders, escorts are not available to walk children to the designated meeting area.• Only Kindergarten students will be escorted to the designated meeting area by ASP staff.• The Del Mar Union School District is not responsible for your student’s attendance in his/her enrichment class. Mark your calendar to be sure your student attends. The administration of this program is separate from the school. Please do not phone the school office to remind your child to attend.
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR STUDENT RELEASED AFTER CLASS TO WALK OR BE LEFT UNATTENDED TO WAIT FOR THEIR RIDE, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL STATING THAT TO ENRICHMENT@DMUSD.ORG.
• Classes are designed for students who are interested in attending and in conducting themselves in an appropriate manner. School rules apply. Inappropriate behavior will be discussed with the parent and may result in dismissal from class without a refund. The instructor’s decision to dismiss a child shall be final.• Due to the current environment and restrictions we are unable to support virtual enrichment during the After School Program.
For further information:
• Ideas and suggestions for new classes or comments and questions concerning the program should be directed to email@example.com.
Please do not call the school office for information.