Welcome to Torrey Hills First Grade!
Welcome back to school and we hope you had a great summer! We're looking to meeting all of our first grade students on Monday and looking forward to a fun year of friends and learning. A few items to make a smooth transition for your first grade student on Monday.
- That mountain of supplies you purchased (thank you!) can be sorted outside of your assigned classroom (Mrs. Murphy, Mrs. Terry, Mr. Brehm or Mr. Honsberger) on Monday morning. We'll have tubs out front for you to place markers, facial tissue, etc. in.
- Please make sure your student keeps their pencil box and box of crayons with them and they'll carry that right into class when we come in.
- Backpacks will be hung on the sawhorse racks outside of Room H3. This year, we will keep snack and lunch in our backpack as we are very close to the snack and lunch tables.
- Once you are all squared away outside of your classroom, please walk with your child out to the blacktop and we line up on your assigned classroom line next to the primary restroom. Check out the new play structure!
- Last, parents put on your best game face as your child's teacher walks your big first grader into the start of a great school year! This can be an anxious time for students (and parents) so in the event your child is showing signs of anxiety as we head to class, our experience has been the best thing to do is give your child a big hug, a 'chin up' and then move on to your day rather than linger around the classroom hallway. We promise, they'll greet you in the afternoon with a huge smile on their face!
- Most importantly, please make sure your child knows their plan for after school whether you are picking them up at the gate or at the drive thru. We walk students out through the front gate everyday - this year, first grade will exit at the flag pole gate - and we will make sure they get to you!
- See you at Back to School Night on Thursday night where more information will follow. Welcome to first grade at Torrey Hills Elementary School!
Ms. Terry, Mrs. Murphy, Mr. Honsberger and Mr. Brehm
We look forward to spending the 2017-2018 school year teaching, challenging, and inspiring our group of first grade students!
Please check in regularly to our first grade website for updates on grade level news!