Welcome to the Science Lab at Torrey Hills
All students at Torrey Hills from Kindergarten to Sixth Grade will come to the lab on a weekly or biweekly rotation. Students work in cooperative groups to do hands-on experiments based on the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) for each grade level. Students are also encouraged to participate in extra curricular activities organized in the lab. Some of these include,
- Invention Fair (February) open to all students
- Rubiks Cube (February) open to all students
- Science Olympiad (Sept - Feb) open to Sixth Graders, selected Fifth Graders
- Elementary Science Field Day (Feb -May) Open to Grades 4-6
The Science Lab also has Lunch Clubs that all students are welcome to join. These clubs include the
- School Garden Club, students with a Master Gardener to maintain the school gardens
- Critter Crew, students help take care of the lab animal. Students can sign up in the lab.
- NASA Club, students explore NASA website, facilities and projects. Students can sign up in the lab.