- Carmel Del Mar School
Principal's Weekly Message
Hello CDM Families,
This is Ms. Lerner with your Principal’s Weekly Message for the week of October 6th. I spent a good portion of this week in goal setting meetings with our staff, and words cannot express how LUCKY we are to have them leading our Dragons in learning this year! Our staff’s commitment to continuous learning and their collective desire to improve their craft of teaching is outstanding. As we discussed the multitude of ways they plan to engage our students in meaningful learning opportunities, I was filled with hope, pride and excitement because are heading in the direction of providing an extraordinary school experience for every Dragon!
And now, for some important dates and information…
Important dates/events at CDM this week:
- Monday, October 7th: Full Day kindergarten starts on Monday! – for more information, see below.
- Wednesday, October 9th: Mission 2 $ave! 7:30-7:55am
Important information at CDM:
- Full Day Kindergarten: Our kindergarten Dragons will begin coming to school full-day on Monday, October 7th. From this date on, their schedule will match the schedule of our 1st-6th grade students:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 8:00am-2:30pm
- Wednesdays – 8:00am-12:30pm
- We NEED Your Help!: Noon Duty Supervisor Volunteers – If you’ve ever dreamed of spending some time each day in the presence of children engaged in joyful laughter and play, please consider volunteering as a Noon Duty Supervisor! We could use a few more folks on the playground and in the lunch areas on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri from 11:40-12:30pm and Wednesdays from 11:40-12:15pm. Please email Ann if you’re willing and able to become a part of the CDM Noon Duty Supervisor Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6th Grade Families: Sixth Grade Camp Informational Meetings – All 6th grade families are invited to an evening to learn more about Sixth Grade Camp. If interested, please go to Ashley Falls School on Tuesday, October 8th at 6:00pm (MUR) OR to Sage Canyon School on Wednesday, October 16th (MUR) to hear information from the camp staff and ask questions regarding your child’s upcoming camp experience.
From our PTA:
- PTA Membership Results – Thank you CDM families for a successful membership drive! We had 191 families (out of 439) become 2019-2020 PTA members. That is approximately 44% overall participation! If you still want to become a member click here: http://www.carmeldelmarpta.com/?p=1551
- PTA Newsletter - We invite all families to sign up for our bi-weekly newsletter. Please click here to start receiving our messages so you can be “in the loop” regarding all things CDM PTA: http://www.carmeldelmarpta.com/
That’s it for now… have a wonderful evening.
With Great Dragon Pride,
You can follow us at: