- Carmel Del Mar School
Principal's Weekly Message
Hello CDM Families,
This is Ms. Lerner with your Principal’s Weekly Message for the week of October 13th. The Fall is in full swing and our 2019-2020 school year has gotten off to an incredible start! We are building strong teaching/learning momentum and we are grateful for your partnership in educating our Dragons. Our staff continues to invest time and effort into developing strong classroom cultures where students’ thinking is visible and valued. As we move further into the school year we will continue to work toward the goals outlined in our DMUSD District Design 2022. We are excited with the work ahead of us and value the professional learning opportunities we have that are dedicated toward meeting our goals.
And now, for some important dates and information…
Important dates/events at CDM this week:
- Tuesday, October Wednesday, October 16th: Mission 2 $ave! 7:30-7:55am
- Friday, October 18th: Kona Ice Truck at 2:30pm
Important information at CDM:
- We Still NEED Your Help! Noon Duty Supervisor Volunteers – If you’ve ever dreamed of spending some time each day in the presence of children engaged in joyful laughter and play, please consider volunteering as a Noon Duty Supervisor! We could use a few more folks on the playground and in the lunch areas on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri from 11:40-12:30pm and Wednesdays from 11:40-12:15pm. Please email Ann if you’re able to become a part of the CDM Noon Duty Supervisor Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6th Grade Families: Sixth Grade Camp Informational Meetings – All 6th grade families are invited to an evening to learn more about Sixth Grade Camp. If interested, please go to Sage Canyon School on Wednesday, October 16th (MUR) to hear information from the camp staff and ask questions regarding your child’s upcoming camp experience.
From our PTA:
- Read-a-Thon is back October 21-25, 2019! - The Read-a-Thon is a week-long, school-wide program that encourages our Dragons to read more. It is also the biggest PTA fundraiser this year! 100% of the proceeds will be used for school site needs, educational programs and community events at Carmel Del Mar. This means it supports all students at the school. Please help us reach our goal of $30,000. Every dollar counts!
Please sign up for Read-a-Thon on PledgeStar: http://pledgestar.com/cdmpta to participate. Not only will your children have fun reading books, they will be able to earn prizes too! Students who join PledgeStar early and send out at least 4 pledges will receive a special bookmark! For more information regarding a- prizes, and what we fundraise for, go to www.carmeldelmarpta.com
- Keep Sending In Your Box Tops! - Thank you for clipping Box Tops (paper and digital). Please check your paper Box Tops for the expiration date. Some are expiring on Nov 1, 2019. Expired Box Tops do not count. Turn them into the Box Top Can along the Library wall before this Friday, Oct 18th. See attached flyer for more details.
Box Tops are going digital! Scan your grocery receipt so that CDM gets the credit. It only takes a few seconds. Download the app at: https://www.boxtops4education.com/.
That’s it for now… have a wonderful evening.
With Great Dragon Pride,
You can follow us at: