skip to main content

Del Mar Union School District

Igniting Genius, Empowering Students
placeholder for top bar

Risk Management

JPA Learning Library

This is a resource to take web-based training and participate in other learning activities sponsored by the JPA, in partnership with the Del Mar Union School District. If you have any questions, please email Karlyn Stone at

Employee Assistance Service for Education (EASE)

Full and part time employees as well as their family members are eligible for EASE services. Evernorth is a professional, confidential and free service to help you resolve your personal or job-related problems. Evernorth are licensed, trained therapists who will assess the nature of your problem(s) during one  to six (6) in-person or virtual sessions for problem-solving support per incident, per calendar year. The toll-free phone number 1-888-736-7009 is available 24-hours a day, seven days a week.   

Workers' Compensation

If you are injured on the job, you may be eligible for workers' compensation. Links to the Workers' Compensation documents can be found in the Document Library.
What to do if you are injured on the job:
• Notify your Supervisor or Administrative Assistant immediately.
• Your Supervisor or Administrative Assistant will give you a Workers' Compensation Claim Form. If you would like to visit a Workers' Compensation physician you should complete the "Employee" section of the form, keep one copy for yourself, and return it to your supervisor, who will complete the "Employer" section of the form and give you a signed and dated copy as well as provide one copy to the claims administrator, who is responsible for handling your claim and notifying you about your eligibility for benefits. (If you do not want to visit a physician, no further action is needed and you do not need to complete the form.)
• If you require medical treatment, a Medical Provider Network physician (or other health care provider) is available for you to see. After visiting a physician, please submit a copy of your doctor's note to the Human Resources Department. If any followup appointments are necessary, doctors' notes from each of those appointments should also be submitted to Human Resources.
• If you are on Business-Related Travel or away from your work site when an injury occurs, call your supervisor/manager to report your injury immediately. They will help you in seeking medical attention. In case of emergency seek immediate medical attention at the nearest emergency facility.
If you have any questions, please email Karlyn Stone at