- Measure MM
- Measure MM
- Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee (COC)
- Del Mar Heights School Rebuild Planning
- Pacific Sky School
- Del Mar Hills Academy Modernization
- School Facilities
Citizens' Oversight Committee Formation
Proposition 39 requires school districts that pass Proposition 39 bonds (55% approval) to seat an Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee (COC) to assure the community that bond funds are expended as outlined in the district's bond resolution. The COC must meet at least once a year and inform the public about the expenditure of bond revenues. The COC shall actively review and report on the proper expenditure of taxpayers' money for school construction. The COC shall consist of at least seven members to serve for a term of two years without compensation and for no more than three consecutive terms. The COC shall be comprised, as follows:
- One member active in a business organization representing the business community located within the district.
- One member from an active senior citizens organization.
- One member from a bona fide taxpayers organization.
- One member shall be a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the district.
- One member shall be both a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the district and active in a parent-teacher organization, such as the Parent Teacher Association or School Site Council.
- No employee or official of the district shall be appointed to the COC. No vendor, contractor, or consultant of the district shall be appointed to the COC.
Education Code Section 15278 requires the Governing Board of the school district to establish and appoint members to an Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee (COC) within 60 days of the date that the governing board certifies election results.
The Del Mar Union School District (DMUSD) is seeking a volunteer from the community to serve on its Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee (COC). The COC provides oversight of the $186 million bond program, ensuring bond proceeds are used to support school modernization and construction projects as authorized by Measure MM, passed by local voters in November 2018.
The District seeks one representative from the following group:
- Parent-Teacher Organization
Applications are currently available and are due February 11, 2022. In order to maintain objectivity as part of the Committee's responsibilities, District employees, contractors, and vendors to the District are prohibited from serving as members of the Committee.