skip to main content

Del Mar Union School District

Igniting Genius, Empowering Students
placeholder for top bar

Free Meals For Students

In school year 2022-23, all students can join us for breakfast and lunch at no cost. Meals are served out of our new Quick Cafes at each school site. Students will be required to use their unique student ID number for all transactions.  All students will be provided with a scan card for breakfast and lunch.  This card will record how many breakfasts and lunches we serve and will also identify student's food allergens.  
We are asking families that have been qualified for free and reduced meals in the past, or if you believe you would qualify, to complete the Free and Reduced Meal Application to qualify for Federal and State programs that benefit socio-economically disadvantaged students. Click here for a paper application.  If you would like to apply electronically, please click here (this link coming soon!).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the School Lunch Program, Free and Reduced Meal Applications, or Student Wellness, please contact Karrie Beach in the Child Nutrition Services Office at (858) 755-9301 x3670.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:
 USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.
To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
 1)    mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
                Office of the Assistant Secretary
                for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW
                Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
2)    fax: (202) 690-7442; or
3)    email:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.